Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2013 08:53:55 -0700
From:      aurfalien <aurfalien@gmail.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD, Centos and ZFS

Hi,

I would like to first say that by no means is this a "hey, why is my Mac =
faster then my PC" kind of email.

I'm really hoping its an LSI driver issue.

My hardware;

39 SATA drives via SAS expanders
2 SSD for ZIL
2 SSD for L2Arc
128GB ECC Ram
Intel 2400SC Mobo
2 Xeon E5 Hexacore procs
2 LSI 9207 HBAs
1 LSI 9206 HBA

I've 13 vdev RaidZ setup.

Not a super system, but not a shabby one either.

Used local (non network) IOzone and dd tests for some simple prelim =
testing just to gauge were I'm at with this bad boy.

My ZFS tunables are the same BTW as I did some tweaks.

My CentOS 6.4 box is a solid 20-30% faster then my FreeBSD 9.2 box.  =
I've the graphs if any one is interested.

But I'm hoping that some one has ran into this and that yes, there are =
some tweaks one can do to the LSI driver?  I guess?  Perhaps a sysctl =
value?

I didn't want to vomit too much info in my first email about this so =
yes, its meant to be some what general with some decent info to get the =
dialogue started.

Many thanks in advance for any insight.

Linux is not an option as it does not return pre attributes on write =
replies which is important in our mostly NFS env.

- aurf