Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:27:55 +0100
From:      Jakob Buck <jakob.buck@mail.dk>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xfree86 setup problem

Hi ..

Im not in the mailing list, but I have a problem installing FreeBSD 4.1.1.

When I come to the configuration of the xfree86 server, I choose
"graphic setup", choose my mouse, graphic card, resolution etc.,
it starts to restart x to test the configuration.

It's here it goes wrong, now the only thing that happens is that a
white square appers the the upper left corner, and nothing else ?

I can kill the session by using ctrl+alt+backspace, but I can't continue
the installation because of errors, and I would hate to install FreeBSD
without xfree86.

A short description of my computer :
Logitech PS2 mouse (microsoft / PS2 / auto - sysmouse / ps0m)
Asus V6800 (nvidia geforce ddr)
19" monitor (16bit - 1280-1024 - 74MHz)

Thanks, hope you can help ..

Best regards