Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:21:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   screen locking upon logout of fvwm

freebsd 2.2.2-R, Xfree86 3.1.2, S3V server

I just upgraded my motherboard and video card (Diamond Stealth 3D 3400/4M)
and changed to the S3V server..

I'm using xdm for logins. Everything runs fine for login and during the
session, but when I log out of fvwm I get a color pattern on the screen
and the system appears to be locked (haven't tried telnetting in durning
this yet). CTR-ALT-FX doesn't bring the console back either.. no clues
in syslog. I get no response from keyboard or mouse and disk activity
appears to stop.

Using startx works fine. It appears to be related to xdm. Anyone have
any suggestions?

Please copy me via email since I don't get this mail-list.

- JoeB

Joseph Beiter                  Hacking's just another word for nothing
jwb@cosmic.org                 left to kludge.