Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 11:12:44 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Dan Langille <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: where did mail/qpopper3 come from?

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > But I see nothing in cvs-all pertaining to this.  But checking
> > cvs, I see that popper and popper3 appear to be mirror images (at least
> > wrt the most recent commits).
> >
> > My question: should this "new" port have appeared in cvs-all?
>
> Looks like a repo copy in preparation for an upgrade to qpopper 3.0.x

I've heard of repo copies before, but not seen any practical application
for them.  I assume popper3 is not an "official" port until a later
stage.  It would become "official" after a commit (which in turn would
generate a message to the cvs-all mailing list) [1].

OK.  I think I see now.

[1] - for those that haven't guessed already, my questions were entirely
selfish and I was worried I'd missed something about creation of new
ports.  I was asking from a http://freshports.org/ point of view.

cheers.