Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:53:45 +0200
From:      Michael Hostbaek <mich@freebsdcluster.org>
To:        Rasmus Skaarup <mfbsd@skaarup.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: could sleep with messages

Rasmus Skaarup (mfbsd) writes:

> I've been getting the following messages for quite some time, during
> boot and when using the pcm device:

> /usr/src/sys/vm/uma_core.c:1307: could sleep with "pcm0:play:0" locked
[...]
> Is anyone interesting in getting more details?

This is a well known problem. It is basically a diagnostic message
telling you that there's a deficiency in the pcm driver.

If you want to fix it permanently I suggest that you go and have a look
at dev/sound/pcm/sound.c:134 and look for a way of invoking UMA without
holding the lock.

A possible workaround, is to try and disable INVARIANTS and WITNESS in
the your kernel conf. and hope it won't turn into a real problem (fx.
panic.)

--
Best Regards,
	Michael Landin Hostbaek