Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:21:35 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automounter nfs woes

I'm a late starter on this (been no need until now), but I'm now trying
to get my laptop to run automounter/amd to work on a nfs config. I
installed automounter from ports and got it working beautifully for
removable devices, but nfs is eluding me.

I believe my problem lies more with amd- I've run amd commands
standalone (automounter disabled of course) and I can only get local
mounts showing with amq -ms.

Can anyone point me to some definitive information? Googling is giving
me a headache with all the contradictory information out there. I would
like to have say /net (or even /media- already setup for removables)
populated with /net/host/export_mount. ATM I can sometimes get /net
created, but its empty.

Also, if I get amd to work, does this mean that automounter will use it?
Or is it exclusive? Just to confirm my information... :)

Cheers