Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:37:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Martin v.Loewis" <loewis@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WIN32 development, cygwin32, and wine

> Can one cross-develop for WIN32 using Cygwin32 and the Tk Windows
> stuff and then do preliminary testing under Wine?  Since all the
> pieces come from the open source community it should be possible.
> Poking around on the Cygnus web site didn't uncover any obvious
> leads.

This should be possible; we are using a cross-compiler for win32
on Solaris 2.5.1. Please be aware of the number of Win32 targets:
You could target cygwin32, but this requires all your stuff to use
cygwin.dll. You could also target mingw32 (minimal GNU-win32). You get
all the kernel,user,gdi stuff plus linkage to a MS C library (which
doesn't have fork and pipe, but at least stdio). If you do so, you
better choose msvcrt4; crtdll.dll has a number of bugs.

Also note that binutils doesn't work well with MS import libraries;
you'd have to cross-compile everything (including Tcl).

Hope this helps,
Martin