Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 23:40:33 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Beckmann <petzi@apfel.de>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: releng22.freebsd.org

> Greetings. There hasn't been a new snapshot of 2.2-RELENG on
> releng22.freebsd.org since July 13th. Has 2.2-RELENG been abandoned, or is
> anything wrong with the server, like full disks or something ;-)

Neither - the machine is a 3.0 box and building 2.2 releases on it has
always been problematic.  I had a 2.2 "staging area" for this purpose
set up which allowed the 2.2 releases to happen anyway, but over time
it aged and eventually became unsuitable for hosting releases.

I need to rebuild it and was sort of hoping that, instead, Satoshi's
unified make world fixes would make it into -current and allow me to
simply build 2.2 releases on a 3.0 box.  That would save a lot of
hassle.

However, Satoshi's patches would appear to be embroiled in contraversy
or something since I haven't seen any signs that he's going to commit
them. :-(

					Jordan