Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2016 22:06:40 +0000
From:      John Howie <john@thehowies.com>
To:        "un_x@Safe-mail.net" <un_x@Safe-mail.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and TTY

Check out: http://www.tech-faq.com/tty-tdd.html. The TTY/TDD machines commo=
nly found make use of different signaling systems and protocols than the mo=
dem you likely have supports. You might get lucky, though. If your modem do=
es support TTY/TDD protocols you can use cu or tip just fine.

If you are in the US, there are plenty of charities than can provide you a =
TTY/TDD machine free of charge. They are given out to deaf and speech impai=
red individuals, so you would qualify. I used to volunteer at one-such char=
ity, running their IT systems.

John

Sent from my iPhone