Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:04:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RealAudio on FreeBSD

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Sujal Patel wrote:

> Actually, RealAudio 3.0 is currently in Beta on windows platforms.  It
> provides much better quality then the 2.0b4 player.  Unix players should
> be available in the near future (including FreeBSD).

BTW I looked into the 'demo' program and it appears they only want to
allow 'serious' potential customers to try it.

Wonder if the FreeBSD version would work with a Gravis PnP.

Recently I've had renewed interest in video and sound, Amancio fixed the
sound driver setup on -current last weekend which is working out real
fine.

Do you have video and audio working with mbone-type tools?

I'd like to see if this GUS setup will work for audio transmission
but I don't know what the present state of the sound driver WRT
VAT.

This used to require startup with special arguments to get it working
on FreeBSD, I think that situation would probably still exist
-Amancio ?

regards
kim

--