Date:      Sat, 25 May 2013 23:40:05 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <jdc@koitsu.org>
To:        sib@tormail.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/mtr broken without ipv6

(I'm not subscribed to this list so keep me CC'd)

Re: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-May/083766.html

I've already discussed this before -- with you in fact -- and did the
full analysis.  Users should read it in full:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-March/082144.html

I also CC'd the port maintainer on that Email, who did not respond.
Proof of that:

> From: Jeremy Chadwick <jdc@koitsu.org>
> To: sib@tormail.org
> Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:32:14 -0700
> Cc: sunpoet@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: net/mtr failed to build

I am now CC'ing portmgr@ due to negligence.

FreeBSD Ports Management Team:

Please read my analysis (March mail above).  TL;DR version:

This port needs to be reverted to 0.82.  I will not mince words: mtr
0.84 is a complete clusterfuck on all BSDs, including OS X.  It should
be nuked from orbit.

As stated in my March Email, while there are fixes in the official mtr
github repo for all of this nonsense, but figuring out which
fixes/commits is time-consuming and honestly not worth it given the
massive scale of breakage (as I said, it affects all BSDs).

Please see that this port is rolled back to 0.82 (specifically reverting
r213277).  I believe PORTREVISION should also be set to 2 when rolling
back, because there have been other Makefile changes between 0.82
PORTREVISION=1 and now (specifically r316355).  Verification:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net/mtr/Makefile?r1=300897&r2=314277
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net/mtr/Makefile?r1=314277&r2=316355

Thank you.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |