Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:15:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        "David G. Paschich" <dpassage@flophouse.com>
Cc:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C572 support?

Hmm, strange.  I'm the one that submitted the patches for this card.
Unfortunately I had the X-Jack model, 3CXSH572BT I believe, I broke the
X-Jack off and threw the card away.  There's a chance that I didn't take
into account the increase in CIS_MAXSTR and it's not matching the entry in
pccard.conf.sample anymore.  Also, the insert and remove lines in the
pccard.conf.sample will show the X-Jack model number, I'm convinced
there's no difference, so I wouldn't worry about that.  One thing I would
try is adding the T to the end "OfficeConnect 572B" in pccard.conf.sample.

Does it show any debug messages from probing the cards?  I haven't
bothered much to install -current on my laptop yet, plus I trashed the
card.  I should have only got it committed to -current if was dead sure
it would work.  I'll give a go to getting  -current into the laptop and
order myself another OfficeConnect card.  That could take another two or
three days.

I'm not sure if you can run 'pccardc dumpcis' from the Fixit shell or
anything. That would help a lot if you could do that.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff