Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:47:07 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        mwhite@oakwood.k12.oh.us
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Correct Way to Refresh Source Tree?

In article <199806141350.IAA14108@dfw-ix16.ix.netcom.com>,
Matt White  <mwhite@oakwood.k12.oh.us> wrote:

> I've been unable to rebuild the world for about two weeks now. I'm still
> getting the following error:
>
> ===> usr.bin/ncal
> rm -f .depend
> mkdep -f .depend -a    ncal.c
> ncal.c:32: calendar.h: No such file or directory
> mkdep: compile failed
>
> I've tried killed usr.bin/ncal and cvsupping again, but even after
> downloading a new copy of the code it still fails to build. I've sent in
> a pr, and got a response back saying something along the lines of "found
> the problem, know what the solution is, but it's not my department" and I
> haven't heard anything back since then.
>
> So, I'm wondering if I should just wipe out the whole code tree and
> recreate it again by cvsupping.

That seems kind of extreme.  The <calendar.h> file that's missing
is supposed to be in /usr/include (though probably at this point of
the build it would be expected in the temporary build subtree of
/usr/obj.)  I would suggest the following:

Copy calendar.h from "/usr/src/lib/libcalendar/calendar.h" into
/usr/include.  (If it doesn't exist in the libcalendar directory,
then you've got source tree problems in that area.)  Then try your
make world again.