Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 03:42:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        committers@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PORTS FREEZE on Friday 11/3 at 10AM PST

Hi,

In preparation for 4.2 release, the ports tree will be frozen at 10AM
this coming Friday, November 3rd.  (I believe that will be 7PM Friday
UTC and 3AM Saturday JST.)

As before, the freeze will only last a couple of hours while I build
the index and lay down the tag, and then the tree will be opened up
again.  But since I will be handing the packages off to Steve
immedediately for CD preparation, only the commits made up to the time
of the freeze will be in the ensuing release.

In preparation for the release, the package building cluster will be
running 4-stable "release candidate" builds starting in a few hours
when the current 3-stable build ends.  Since the builds take less than
a day now, I changed the names of log directories to include the hour
(in 24-hour format).  There are still symlinks from the old "YYYYMMDD"
format names, but those could be changed so be careful.

(Sorry for the late notice, I was on a trip this past weekend.)

Thanks,
-PW