Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 16:46:11 +0300
From:      Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPUTYPE

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com> writes:
>
>> From what I read the right CPUTYPE for freebsd/amd64 and
>>
>> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz (1995.02-MHz K8-class CPU)
>> [...]
>>
>> I should use CPUTYPE?=nocona , right?
>> I just want to be sure :)
>>

> On -CURRENT, CPUTYPE?=core2; I haven't MFCed this yet but will soon.
>
> DES

Yeah I noticed that new current does have core and core2 CPUTYPEs
and that they are still aliases to nocona :)
But core 2 is supposed to have SSSE3 and I do not have it in my CPU
features flags.
At least new Xeon processors have this feature.

SSSE3 is (will be) the only difference between core2 and nocona right ?