Date:      Tue, 2 May 2017 10:55:07 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        aggaz <aggaz@paranoici.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 12-CURRENT on OrangePi One

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 12:27:04 +0200
aggaz <aggaz@paranoici.org> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> as I previously wrote, I am trying to use FreeBSD 12-CURRENT on OrangePi
> One by using crochet.
>
> One problem is that there are no dtb files available specific for this
> board.

 There is one in sys/gnu/dts, I was sure that I added it to the list of
DTS we compile but ...

> Now I compared two dtb files for the same SoC (H3): one for NanoPi Neo
> (/boot/dtb/nanopi-neo.dtb) and one for OrangePi Plus 2E
> (/boot/dtb/orangepi-plus-2e.dtb).
>
> Both makes the board boot fine without issues, but:
>
> 1) dtb file for NanoPi Neo makes the network interface available and
> working, but not the USB port.
>
> 2) dtb file for OrangePi Plus 2E makes the USB port available and
> working, but not the network interface.

 Please note that ethernet DTS bindings aren't standardized yet and
since I don't want us to heavily patches the DTS or derive to much from
the Linux one if I add the OrangePi One DTS to the build it will
probably be without ethernet support.

 Anyway, I have one somewhere with USB and ethernet support, I'll look
to commit/share that soon.