Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:23:29 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk
Subject:   ad1 is not detected.

Hi!

I have just completed a new kernel build (to test the sound:-) but now I
have a similar problem to that reported on -stable wrt 4.2-BETA. Upon boot,
ad1 (sitting on ata0 as slave) is not recognized and therefore the boot
cannot complete. I have even remade the devices because MAKEDEV was changed,
but it was not the solution. I have completed a buildworld too so sources
userland and kernel are definitely in sync.

Of course, I can reconfigure ad1 to become seconadry master (and probably
that is what I will try next) but this problem seems to be serious and
related to
the one on -STABLE so I thought I would report it. Of course, IDE slave
disks always worked on this system before. In my kernel config I only have

device ata
device atadisk
device atapicd

The disks are Quantum FireBall lct15 on ad0 and Q. Fireball SE 4.3A as
ad1 but I do not think this should matter. FYI, the ATAPI CD-ROM sitting on
ata1 master was detected without probs.

Any ideas?

--
Regards: