Date:      Sat, 07 Oct 2017 00:37:23 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   Re: usbdump on macOS

Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.com> wrote:
> > Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> >> Hello world!
> >> Is there any chance to have USBDUMP working on current macOS? I can
> >> see there is a manual page for usbdump in XCode taken directly from
> >> the FreeBSD.. but I could not find the binary..
> >> Is anyone aware or can make usbdump work on macOS? I may be able to
> >> find some funding to make it work.. :-)
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomek CEDRO
> >
> > I'd guess you'd stand best chance asking on a MacOS list.  But if you
> > do find funding & want a geographic indexed global BSD contractors index:
> > http://www.berklix.com/consultants/
> > Cheers,
> > Julian
>
> Hello Julian, thanks for response! I thought there may be an effort
> already to port usbdump to macOS as I found the man page there.. no
> clue why it landed there without the binary... this is why I ask here
> :-)
>
> Do you know any sensible macOS list of this kind where I could ask? I
> did not get ANY sensible support from Apple Developer Forum nor
> Support..
>
> Best regards,
> Tomek

Sorry Tomasz, I know nothing helpful,
I do know a friend who used to work for Apple who is on BSD lists
maybe he knows lists, I'm bcc'ing him, so's not to drop him in it :-)

Actually I think theres been a few BSD people at Apple,
maybe some on lists will see your call for help. All the best.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey, Computer Consultant, BSD Linux Unix Systems Engineer, Munich
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.