Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 17:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@capella.grayphics.com>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail freezing problem

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Dan Busarow wrote:
> Usually a symptom of a misconfigured/non-functional DNS
> Are you running your own DNS or using /etc/hosts?
> Did sendmail used to work and suddenly quit?

I'm using bind, and it did suddenly start doing this slowdown.  One thing
I should probably point out is that it SEEMED to coincide with me manually
deleting a file from /var/spool/mqueue to fix a mail loop, but this may be
coincidental.

What kind of DNS problems should I look for?  AFAIK things are working
properly, but it is relatively complex, so there is room for error.

Thanks,

Nick
Grayphics
http://www.grayphics.com/