Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:47:11 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@noc.dfn.de>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make world newbie: how to build not in /usr/src

hello, world\n

when I run make in /usr/src I get warnings that the object directory
has not been changed. Apart from that, /usr/src isn't big enough to
hold all compilation results. I've read all the READMEs I could find
in /usr/src but it seems I'm missing the obvious. If someone could
clue me in on how to compile with a readonly /usr/src...

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.shuttle.de/schweikh/