Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:07:13 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dancing with the anti-christ (a frontpage extensions question)

Steve Hovey wrote:

> Has anyone upgraded the FP servers to 2000?  Did it bung up your customers
> that use the older client software?

You might have your customers look at KISSfp at
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/downloadCatalog/dldFrontPage.htm

There is a version for 2000 and 97/98.

This adds FTP uploading of FrontPage maintained web pages to
non-Microsoft OS sites. I haven't added it to the FrontPage 2000 that
use because I test my stuff on an NT server first. That lets me find
and
get rid of the local references that too many Windows based editor's
try
to add instead of URL references. These errors develop when the editor
converts a reference to something like \\jade\c\... By design, jade
isn't on the Internet, which then becomes a 404 error. Then I use FTP
upload a clean web page to my ISP, which is running Apache on BSDI.
This
doesn't eliminate all of the errors but it sure drops the number of
embarassing ones that someone else encounters.

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com