Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:44:15 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux loadable modules

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 04:22:58PM +0300, Nimrod Mesika wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 12:58:27PM -0600, Lorin Lund wrote:
> > Is it possible to use linux loadable kernel modules with FreeBSD?
>
> No, you can't use them.
>
> > There are a few devices for which there are Linux loadable device drivers
> > available in binary only form.  It would be nice to be able to use these.
>
> It would be even nicer if those drivers would be released in source
> and ported to 'bsd.
I think, he talks about WinModem support. Now Lucent have Linux loadable module
for their winmodems.
But I think that it is better to pay additional $10 (or $20) than buy winmodem
(even if my month's income is not very large in Russia :-) )

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga"
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=304744