Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 1995 23:57:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPPD, 2.0R, lcp-echo

Hello,

Is anybody out there using lcp-echo's with pppd under 2.0R?  I've got a
situation where a questionable pair of modems is occasionally locking up,
apparently some sort of flow control problem, and I'd like to enable
"lcp-echo-request" and "lcp-echo-failures", but when I do, the system panics
almost instantly (probably during the first echo).

The remote end is a terminal server known to support lcp-echo requests.

Is anyone doing it?  Or am I smoking bad weed again?  :-)

... Joe