Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        william woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Library Problem on Alpha Port

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, william woods wrote:

> Riunning a DEC Alpha 200 4/233 with FreeBSD 3.3-Stable I go to run ncftp I
> get.....
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libncurses.so.5" not found

That means that the package was compiled against version 5 of the
libncurses library, which is part of the base system.  5 is the rev level
of libncurses in -current, can you check what the level you have is?

Probably, you have grabbed a package built for -current, not for 3.3,
which means you go back and refetch the right one, but I am not sure what
version of libncurses was in 3.3.

> Ideas?
>
> This is a fresh install

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)