Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:46:55 +0600
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel  module to access msr registers

--Sig_Kmd6BXHimkdfD8rF_P6ffAk

Hi!

As part of my efforts to complete x86info port for FreeBSD, I've
implemented kernel module to access i386/amd64 MSR (Model Specific
Registers) registers. Now, x86info could be used in couple with this
module to retrieve all information about processor.

The module itself is located at http://mbsd.msk.ru/dist/msr-0.1.tar.bz2
port - http://mbsd.msk.ru/dist/devmsr.tar.bz2
Port PR - ports/102158

Unfortunately, I have nor SMP neither amd64 system to test it, so
it would be very appreciated if someone who have access to such
system actually test it. If all goes right, I'll add functionality
to retrieve cpuid information of specific cpu, thus giving x86info
the ability to work properly on SMP systems (currently it can't,
since it can only get cpuid information for cpu it's running on).

Thanks!=20

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581