Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:42:35 +0800
From:      "Peter Ryan" <pryan@singnet.com.sg>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE make package failure

I have just installed 4.10R (again :)).

I did not install KDE from packages.
As soon as I installed the bare system I
cvsup'd all the ports, then did a
make install kde3.

This completed successfully, albeit in
3 days.

I then tried to "make package" for kde
so I wouldnt need to compile it again.

The make package failed with the following:

------------
Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/packages/All/kde-3.3.0.tgz'
tar: etc/kde-meta.conf: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 512
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kde3

Google shows a few other people have reported
similar problems, but there are no solutions.  (except
update the port and do it again - but I used the
most recently updated port already)

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Peter