Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 1998 02:52:46 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X no longer works...

Morning...

	I recently did an upgrade of my machine, running FreeBSD-CURRENT,
and now can't seem to run X anymore, with an error of:

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: KDENABIO failed (Operation not permitted)

	My first thought was that it was KDE related, by the KEDNABIO
message, but disabling KDE and using some other window manager brings
up the same error message :(

	I've tried rebuilding XFree86 and KDE, but that hasn't appeared to
help any...

	Am going to upgrade my source tree and kernel today, but has
anyone else seen this?  Did I just get a source snapshot between good
ones?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org