Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:27:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is there an equivalent of newgrp in FreeBSD?

Hi, all,

The command newgrp exists on SysV inspired systems such as RISC/os and
Red Hat GNU/Linux. Its purpose is to change the effective gid of the
user running the command. The user may choose only from the groups
he/she is a member of.

What is the BSD equivalent, if any?

Please cc me, as I'm not currently subscribed to this list.

BTW, is the use of the password field in the group file implemented in
FreeBSD, or other Unices for that matter?