Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:44:03 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
To:        phk@freebsd.org
Cc:        ticso@cicely.de, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I want a sysctl kern.allow_shooting_into_my_foot!

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 01:25:59PM +0100, phk@freebsd.org wrote:
> In message <20030122121739.GA758@cicely8.cicely.de>, Bernd Walter writes:
> You can also try this, it's more easily informative:
>
> 	sysctl -n kern.geom.confdot | dot -Tps > _.ps ; gv _.ps
>
> You need the graphviz and ghostscript ports for this.

Mmmm - it doesn't fit on the page :)
But at least I saw da13 after setting the Papersize to A3.
Nice.

> >I never complained about this, because the system is rather old
> >(2002-11-15) and I believed it was already fixed.
> >But it sounds like Joergs situation may be triggered by the same bug.
> >Mmmm - I'm using vinum too.
> >Is there any way to find out which ones open it was?
>
> Hmm, since this happens during boot, you cannot set the debug flag
> with sysctl in time, so you have to compile a custom kernel for it:

Now that you say it - vinum isn't loaded before going multiuser.
It should be easy to check the situation in singleuser mode and
then set the required flags.
Thanks for the tips.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de