Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:36:41 -0400
From:      "Kurt J. Lidl" <lidl@pix.net>
To:        void <float@firedrake.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>, Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody working on FreeBSD BIOS?

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 06:13:32PM +0100, void wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 07:29:53PM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> >
> > If your customer's not _desperate_ for a super-low-cost solution, I'd
> > suggest any of the Intel boards that offer EMP (most of these also offer
> > BIOS-over-serial support, actually - as do a number of other vendors,
> > IIRC AMI do this on some of their boards as well).
>
> See http://www.realweasel.com/ for one such vendor.  Pricing is
> available only by request, but check this out:

Yeah, well, as a supposed customer of theirs, let me add this tidbit.
I ordered 5 of these cards for evaluation purposes in mid April.
I still do not have them.

After having our purchasing people hassle them, they claimed
manufacturing difficulties, and the current production run has
been pushed to at least the first week in July.

So, once again, we are reminded -- just because you saw it on the
web, doesn't mean that it is really shipping.  I'm still hoping
they do ship me the boards and they work as advertised, but I figure
I would save other folks some hassle.

-Kurt