Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:43:56 -0500
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funny errors with GDM...

Hey folks,

I think I've finally got GDM to work with multiple displays properly (a
case of making the issue seem more complicated than it was :)) -- but,
now I do a "w" from inside (or outside X) and I get all sorts of fancy
errors such as:

w: /dev/:1 does not exist

And no users logged on.

Now, I can live with this ... it's not a critical error .. but, I run
this machine in a house where at any one time 5 people are fighting for
the computer :) When I'm signed on via SSH from work, I like to see
who's on and so forth...

Is there anyway to fix this? Is it some kind of "linux thing" not fixed
in the port?

Thanks,

Erik.