Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:37:35 -0500
From:      gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a modest proposal

When someone subscribes to a mail list the first response should include
boiler plate on how for construct a message. I know there is a discussion
how to get results for you questions at  http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
, and the information there was very instructive for me. Still, something
that I feel would be helpful to users, particularly new user, would be a
non-exclusive list of key words to be used as a prefix to the subject line
of a message. The advantage of this would be to facilitate a search of
archived messages.