Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 20:59:51 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ulf Schmidt <us@pop.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeBSD limited to 16 MB

Ulf Schmidt wrote in message ID
<Pine.SCO.3.91.960422115507.11353B-100000@melrose.crew.de>:
> Hi Gary,
> thanks for helping me with my custom kernel problem. Now there is another
> problem. freeBSD only used 16 MB of the 32 installed. Are there any ways to
> check the installed and used memory.

> Regards, Ulf

It could be that your BIOS is generating a ``hole'' in memory which
the FreeBSD memory-tester finds and barfs on. I seem to remember David
Greenman put in a fix for this, but I can't remember how to enable
it... Sorry

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.