Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:35:56 -0500
From:      Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
To:        Kevin Turner <kevin@freedomhosting.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange SMP Problem.

You don't say what MB you have but we had a problem with some
Intel boards which were fixed by telling the MB bios to rescan
for CPU's. The board apparently cached the results of a earlier
CPU scan when it was running with a single CPU. Don't know
if this applies to your situation but it got us running on both
CPU's.

Pete

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 01:27:31PM -0400, Kevin Turner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just recently I noticed one of my webservers was not showing two CPU's when
> doing a top.
>
> I checked dmesg, and noticed the following:
>
> FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor motherboard
>  cpu0 (BSP): apic id:  0, version: 0x00040011, at 0xfee00000
>  io0 (APIC): apic id:  1, version: 0x00170011, at 0xfec00000
>
> cpu1 is not showing up.
>
> The machine is running 4.2-STABLE, and has been working perfectly for quite
> some time.
> I haven't made any kernel changes or any other changes I can think of.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Kevin

Peter McKenna                                 Qwest Internet Solutions
pmckenna@qwest.net                                   Main 612-664-4000
                                                      FAX 612-664-4770