Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:49:16 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: windowmaker ports installation

Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 11:42:22AM -0600, Steve Price wrote:
> > I missed the first part of this thread, so forgive me if I rehash
> > old questions/details.  I stumbled across a problem (that I'll
> > soon commit a fix for) with libtool that could be causing this.
> > If you could answer the following questions I'll try to help get
> > you going.
> >
> > 1) What version of FreeBSD are you running?
>
> 3.1-RELEASE

     I was able to compile WindowMaker (under 3.1-RELEASE) by:

* Install the broken windowmaker package (and all of the package
  dependencies).  I think this is the important part, as it installs all
  of the (ELF) libraries needed.

* pkg_delete the broken windowmaker package.

* Compile and install the windowmaker port (use the port, and not the
  straight windowmaker distribution).

* That's it.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.