Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:57:00 +0100
From:      "Ebbinge, Onno" <EbbingeO@logica.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: /etc/make.conf

Is there a way to scan the Makefiles in the bind, sendmail and
games directories to grab the installed files so that I can
write a script that deletes them?

Maybe a generic setup?

# cleanup src/contrib/bind src/contrib/sendmail src/games

> # Roman Neuhauser / 2002-11-19
> # EbbingeO@logica.com / 2002-11-19 12:45:36 +0100:
> > I recently setup /etc/make.conf with the following settings:
> >
> > NO_BIND=        true    # do not build BIND
> > NO_SENDMAIL=    true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
> > NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)
> >
> > This means 'do not BUILD' those parts of 'world'...
>
>     right.
>
> > Does this also mean that the old binaries of bind, sendmail
> > and games are uninstalled?
>
>     nope.
>
> > If not, how can I uninstall them in a clean way?
>
>     well, the best way is to gather what exactly gets installed in the
>     exact version you installed, and rm those files/dirs.
>
>     most probably with some find(1)-fu.

Regards,

Onno

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.