Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:43:39 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ath problems when in if_bridge mode

On Saturday 10 June 2006 18:00, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:53:30AM -0300, JoaoBR wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I find some problems when running ath cards in if_bridge mode.
> >
> > I have continuous UP/DOWN events on the uplink card. The connection is
> > really interrupted for a second or so which results in dns lookup errors
> > downloads are going through, only the download speed is not stable
> >
> > please look close, the problem is not on the hostap card
> >
> > the problem is not hw related, I can switch both cards and the problem
> > stays on the uplink card
> >
> > I can take the bridge off and stay connected without UP/DOWN events (sa=
me
> > machine/same HW)
>
> Bridging a wireless client is not supported, you can read this thread
> for more into (especially the last couple of posts)

sorry for the delay I was underway

seems I posted the wrong ifconfig output but setting the uplink card into=20
adhoc mode the same thing happens

I am not sure if this belongs to you Andrew but if I do not set the cards i=
n=20
bridge mode then the device up/down event do *not* appear, the uplink card=
=20
stays connected without a word

soon I put it in if_bridge mode I have this continuous up/down events=20

Jo=E3o

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o