Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:25:22 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Stephane Raimbault <segr@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backup Solutions

In the last episode (Oct 14), Stephane Raimbault said:
> I am curious as to what people using FreeBSD use for a Backup
> Solution.  Are there any Comercial software available for Tape Backup
> Solutions that run well on FreeBSD?
>
> I'm looking at using a Dell PowerVault 110T LTO tape drive and was
> looking for software to utilize to backup the 10 servers and growing
> in my server farm.

We're using Veritas Netbackup, but they only have client support for
FreeBSD.

Take a look at Tapeware; depending on their definition of "Client", you
can back up 10 machines for between $700 and $3000 (including 1 yr. of
maintenance and support).  They also have a 30-day trial download, so
you can try it out.

http://www.tapeware.com/Products/TapeWare/tw_ms_enter_pack.htm
http://www.tapeware.com/Downloads/

--