Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:04:51 +0000
From:      Iqbal Aroussi <iqbal@aroussi.name>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Replacing FreeBSD Base System's BIND

Hi,

After installing FreeBSD 8.2, I noticed it's using BIND 9.6 but in ports
collection there is newer versions 9.7 and 9.8.
I'd like to know if there is any advantages in upgrading BIND to 9.8
instead of using the base install version.
I'd really appreciate if you can give me some hints of the best way to do
it for future needs while retaining all the advantages
of the base install configuration.
I found this article on the net "
http://static.closedsrc.org/articles/dn-articles/bind9.html" but it's seems
to be outdated
*

PS: I'm new FreeBSD convert user coming from Linux world :)

--
*
*Iqbal Aroussi*