Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 20:16:43 -0300 (EST)
From:      Leonardo Fernandes Guidi <guidi@fge.if.usp.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Very slow look up in linux-netscape47

Greetings

I'm running the 4.3-RELEASE with the following (resumed) config.

K6-2 500MHz
128MB
VIA MVP-3
3Com 3c905B-TX

and I've chosen pretty standard options during installation - configured
the /etc/host.conf /etc/resolv.conf etc... And the net is working OK
(ftp, ssh, mail, etc..)

I've installed the linux-netscape47-communicator port, in part, due to
concerns about security as mentioned in the netscape47-comunicator port.
The result is a very long wait in the DNS part. If I put an IP address -
e.g. 63.169.206.41 - I got an imediate response, at least for the html
page itself. The same thing happens with Opera browser.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance

Leonardo F. Guidi