Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:33:23 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Fernando =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Current way of downloading sources

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:18:41 +0100, Fernando Apestegu=EDa wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> Before 9.0 I used to use sysinstall to download sources for several
> distributions including kernel and libraries. However, this doesn't seem =
> work anymore. Whatever source distribution I try to download I get the
> error that it doesn't exist in the server.
>=20
> The handbook[1] still says sysinstall can be used to do the job. Is it
> right? If so, what could be my mistake.

The easiest way to get the RELEASE sources is to download
them using FTP:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/9.0-RELEASE/src.txz

(and for amd64 architecture respectively)

Leaving the discussion "old vs. new installer" aside, this
method should always work.

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany