Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:19:18 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Spadge <spadge@fromley.net>
Cc:        Sergey Lapin <slapinid@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with heimdal

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:59:25 +0000 Spadge wrote:
> Sergey Lapin wrote:

> > Why do heimdal-0.6.3 is in ports when 0.7.1 exists and working well?
> > Thanks a lot and sorry for disturbance.
> > S.

> I'm not even sure why it's in ports, as 0.6.3 is built into FBSD anyway :)

So far I know two points:

1. The port's heimdal may use LDAP as a backend.

2. System kerberos libraries doesn't have information about linked
   libraries (look at output of "ldd /usr/lib/libgssapi.so"). Thus
   we have some trouble (modern mozilla's applications, recall
   problems with postgesql port and for sure there are some more).

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru