Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2017 15:16:45 +0200
From:      Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Coherent bus_dma for ARMv7

Hi Adrian,

Frankly we are not such experts in armv6 bus_dma, which looks more
complicated than one in arm64, so we thought it's much safer no to mix
the two solutions and leave for the user a single switch to decide,
which one to pick. Afaik Andrew Turner did the oposite for arm64
(implement not coherent solution on top of coherent bus_dma), however
I'm not sure if it's possible here in an easy way - there's also
pretty significant risk of regression for all platforms. Please let me
know your opinion. Do you think some sort of update of armv6 is
doable?

Marcin