Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        jin@george.lbl.gov, xfree86@xfree86.org, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logitech TrackMan Marble+ support

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Mark Murray wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I got a TrackMan Marble+ from Logitech, but I cannot get the middle button
> > to work. The middle one is not a real button, it is a clickable wheel.

If you push the wheel down, it clicks exactly like it was a button, and
I use it that way all the time.  I wish it didn't rotate.

> > Is this device supported in current XFee86 release? If so, how do I
> > configure it? My env is: FreeBSD 3.2 with XF86333, and going to be
> > FreeBSD 3.3 with XF86335.
>
> Configure your mouse as 5-button. Then button1==left, button2==clickcentre,
> button3==right, button4==centrerolldown, button5==centrerollup.
>
> You do this in XF86Config.

> --
> Mark Murray
> Join the anti-SPAM movement: http://www.cauce.org

Chuck Robey                | Interests include any kind of voice or data
chuckr@mat.net             | communications topic, C programming, Unix and
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1 | carpentry.  It's all in the design!
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD/i386
(301) 220-2114             | jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD/Alpha