Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2021 21:48:34 +0200
From:      Valery Seys <valery@vslash.com>
To:        John Long <codeblue@inbox.lv>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Music streamer + HAT for Raspberry Pi 4B?

On 27/04/2021 19:27, John Long via freebsd-arm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for information on how to set up a music streamer using
> FreeBSD on a Pi 4B and what HATs are compatible. I'm sorry if this is
> the wrong list, aside from freebsd-multimedia I did not see an obvious
> correct choice.
>
> I run FreeBSD 12.2 on servers now and desktop in the past and have basic
> familiarity with the OS from a home sysadmin perspective. I have no
> experience with Raspberry Pi.
>
> I would like to find out what HATs are known to work- specifically
> those supporting coaxial S/PDIF or AES output. I want to use the device
> as a transport (no analog out) into a DAC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> /jl

don't know what you want to stream, but these are designed to stream audio:
https://www.musicpd.org/
https://github.com/xmms2/wiki/wiki

all available in the 'audio' ports tree,

and of course, 'jackd' ... and 'virtual-oss' to mix/duplicate/loopback audio
hardware.

For Hybrid Audio, if I understand you correctly, I used an m-audio mtrack by the
past via usb which was recognized through the 'uaudio' module and was working
100% well.

Now, the 'Pi-Industry' provides some embedded HA, through GPIO, but I cannot
help you on this,

hope it helps,

p&l

v/