Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:33:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Nelson <noslenj@swbell.net>
To:        Alvin Jiang <alvin@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS/2 mouse troubles?

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Alvin Jiang wrote:

>Hmm, I just solved this problem last night. It took me all of 5 mins to
>search "psmintr" and find the solution at:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/x.html#AEN2255
>
>You'd probably save a lot of time if you read the FAQ, rather than post and
>wait for a reply.

Unfortunately, the suggested remedy only compounded the problem.
Setting the psm0 flags to 0x100 killed X when the mouse lost sync.
Running moused and using sysmouse caused extremely eratic behavior.
Without moused and using /dev/psm0 for X simply froze the mouse --
although switching to another console and back seemed to work.

It appears to be an old problem resurfacing. Were it not for the fact
that I've had no problems before I built world from sources supped
Saturday morning -- and there have been syscons changes since my
previous sup, I would write it off to a dying mouse and go on.

Given the changes and a new release coming up, I though it would be
worth raising the flag.

-- Jay