Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:43:36 -0500
From:      "Anthony Rubin" <arubin@concentric.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Asus K7V with Crucial PC133 ECC RAM

I recently put together a system that uses the Asus K7V motherboard with
Crucial PC133 ECC RAM.  I bought 2 128MB DIMMs.  The BIOS is seeing the RAM
correctly as 264144K, but FreeBSD has 262064K listed under real memory.  I
thought this was odd and wanted to make sure one of the DIMMs wasn't bad so
I removed both and then tried one at a time.  No matter which DIMM I use and
which slot I put it in the BIOS sees 131072K and FreeBSD sees 130992K.  The
only other thing that is strange about this setup is that the K7V BIOS
currently has a known problem when you enable ECC so ECC is currently
disabled on my board.  Below is the portion of dmesg I am referring to.

> dmesg | grep memory
real memory  = 268353536 (262064K bytes)
avail memory = 256950272 (250928K bytes)

Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid but I'd rather exchange parts now if I
have to.  I ran a cvsup and make world without any problems.  I also ran the
dnetc client for a day without problems.  While this probably proves
nothing, the system does seem to be running great.