Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:29:10 -0400
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: irc.freebsd.org

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 at 14:42:32 -0700, Kyle wrote:
> I have been looking for many other means of getting help on freebsd,
> and so i tried the IRC. I tried various common ports such as port
> 6664, 6666, 6667 for irc.freebsd.org but can't seem to connect. Isnt
> that freebsd.org's official irc server?

Uhm, no.  There is no official FreeBSD Project IRC server.

> with #freebsd or #freebsdhelp as their official help channel?

#FreeBSD on Efnet is the last place you want to be asking questions.

> or is it located on another network?

Try Undernet's #FreeBSD.  By the way, this is all in the FAQ.  You
should really try looking first next time :-)

This also reminded me that the blurb about Hybnet and irc.FreeBSD.org
needs updating since irc.FreeBSD.org doesn't and won't point anywhere
anymore.

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -