Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 14:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38540: sysinstall application name should be Sysinstall with right tags in all the Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/38540; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 00:49:31 +0300

 On 2002-05-25 22:39, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
 > On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:10:18PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > > > I took the caps as a convention cause when we talk about the command
 > > > we use /stand/sysinstall and not sysinstall, same for
 > > > <application>FDisk</application> etc...
 > >
 > > I am very certain that ``FDisk'' or ``fDisk'' or whatever else one can
 > > come up with is the wrong way to refer to &man.fdisk.8;.
 >
 > Of course.
 >
 > In reading more of these *things*, i think it comes from application
 > like "Partition Magic" for which "P" and "M" are correct...

 This is my personal opinion, but I'd like the names of the &man.x.y;
 entities to be used to commonly refer to the applications when
 possible.  This way we don't need to worry about capitalization,
 spelling, or other minor issues :)

 - Giorgos