Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:36:29 +0100 (CET)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP filtering.

Hello.
I Am the author of the program sniff in the ports collection of FreeBSD.
Actually in these days I Was trying to remove the dependecy of tcpdump
from my program trying to access the bpf myself.
I discovered that opening the bpf interface for getting raw TCP data my
filtering system I used for tcpdum raw data does not work anymore.
So I Was trying to experiment on this thing to build a new filter and I
wrote a program which makes my freebsd system crash immediately after I
use it. IT cannot even sync filesystems and crashes immediately.
I do not know the reason.
I inculde here the file in attachment if someone wants to help me out.
Actually in this file is not included the filter section since it does not
work with bpf.
If someone as well wants to help me to write a new version of my sniffer
without tcpdump is also welcome.
thanks

Rick